Hi All, I am back with another series of the Embroider Along With Me. This will be my third series, you can check out my previous two series below:
In today’s series, we will work on ginkgo leaves. I totally love these cute leaves and have been intending since long to embroider them.
What you will need?
- Any fabric.
- Embroidery hoop, 15cm (6″) (Bigger if you are working on a larger design) ( You can purchase a set of 6 hoops from Amazon for your basic needs.)
- Tapestry needle
- Embroidery thread (You can buy this pack of 36 shades of the DMC embroidery floss.)
How many strands of floss do you need for making this pattern
I have used 1 strand of floss for the entire pattern.
Step by Step Pictorial Process of making the ginkgo leaves
1. Start by tracing the design onto the fabric.
4. You can start working on the design with long and short stitches.
5. Start by adding more shades of floss as you work on it.
6. I have used 2 shades of green for the final filling.
7. Well, I couldn’t resist adding the french knots to the final finish, as I felt they look too pretty to miss.
Meanwhile, check out the video of the same below:
So until next time,
Pin this image for later reference: