So, in this Embroider Along With Me Series, I will be working on a flower petal. You can check out my previous series below:
Generally, you might have noticed that I share this series in parts, but for this series, I have decided to share all in one post. However, working this petal took longer for me than others and I was truly challenged with the choice of colors.
Though I am not fully satisfied with the end result, I still decided to share with you all how it turned out to be.
What you will need?
- Any fabric.
- Embroidery hoop, 15cm (6″) (Bigger if you are working on a larger design) ( You can purchase a set of 6 hoops from Amazon for your basic needs.)
- Tapestry needle
- Embroidery thread (You can buy this pack of 36 shades of the DMC embroidery floss.)
How many strands of floss do you need for making this pattern
I have used 1 strand of floss for the entire pattern.
Step by Step Pictorial Process of making the flower petal
2. I have worked on one side and we will see how to work on the other side. Start with working the white color floss with the long and short stitches with the previously marked straight stitches as guidelines. Once you have completed the first layer of the stitches, you can start with the next color from the top.
3. I am working on light pink till the end.
3. Once I completed one layer of the light pink, I decided to work on the second layer with the same color.
4. Then, a darker shade of pink was added for the effect.
5. Then another layer of the darkest shade.
6. Two shades of yellow were added towards the end.
Meanwhile, check out the video of the same below:
So until next time,
Pin this image for later reference: