Granitos stitch is a beautiful stitch that is used to make beautiful flowers. The end result of this stitch is really awesome. This stitch belongs to the satin stitch family.
What you will need?
- Any fabric.
- Embroidery hoop, 15cm (6″) (Bigger if you are working on a larger design) ( You can purchase a set of 6 hoops from Amazon for your basic needs.)
- Tapestry needle
- Embroidery thread (You can buy this pack of 36 shades of the DMC embroidery floss.)
How many strands of floss do you need for making the Granitos Stitch?
You can use all 6 strands of the floss. But if you are working on a finer design, then start with 2 strands of floss and increase the number of strands according to your design. I have used all 6 strands for making this stitch.
Step by Step Pictorial Process of making the Granitos Stitch
1. Start by working a straight stitch. Make a small stitch. If you make it too big, the effect of the stitch wouldn’t be as pleasing as with a smaller design.
2. Once again, make another straight stitch over the previous stitch.
3. While taking the floss down, hold the floss to the side so that the stitch falls on the side. Check video tutorial for better understanding.
4. Make one more stitch, this time the stitch fall on the opposite side. That’s it, your stitch is ready.
Tips for working the Granitos Stitch
- Knowing the satin stitch will help to work this stitch easily.
What is this stitch used for?
- This stitch can be used for many decorative embroidery stitches and flowers.
- Beautiful flowers can be made with this stitch.
(THIS POST PROBABLY CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS. OUR FULL DISCLOSURE POLICY IS REALLY BORING, BUT YOU CAN FIND IT HERE)
- Maidenhair stitch
- Wheatear Stitch
- Fern Stitch
- Cast On Stitch
- Basque Stitch
- Long and Short Stitch
- Trellis Stitch
- Closed Feather Stitch
- satin stitch
- back stitch
Check out the video tutorial below
So until next time,
Pin this image for later reference: